Saturday, August 2, 2008

Things That Go Bump In The Night

Last night we went to the late showing of the new Mummy movie. (Pretty good by the way) Lucie went to our friend's wedding shower and didn't leave from there till after 9:30. Ashleigh is still away on her church trip and Elliott was camping out with a church group. So we got home late. I had my yogurt and milk and was reading and heard a thump in the house. You may recall the last time I heard a thump in the middle of the night - it was the thump of Lucie pounding my chest when the closet shelves fell! Anyway, the beagle barked once at the door and then nothing. The house alarm didn't go off so I waited a few seconds, didn't hear anything else, then did what I would consider the most reasonable thing to do: went to sleep. Got up this morning and saw that a jug of cleaner fell over on the basement stairs from where I have them all lined up on the edge down there. Nothing spilled. But why in the world, at 2 AM, would that thing tip over?

After about 4 hours of sleep, a thunderstorm rolled through which meant the 74 pound golden retriever was in bed with us shivering and shaking. We all survived that and slept a little longer.

There is a small outlet place between us and Baltimore so we are thinking of making a quick run there to look around today.

Today is my 'little' brother's birthday:




No comments: