Friday, January 30, 2009

Basketball Spanking

Elliott had a game tonight and his team got spanked. Not Elliott's fault though - his coach dug them a hole they could not get out of. The league rules require all of the players on the team to play at least one quarter. So the coach has decided to put the weaker players in for the first quarter and bench the better players (Elliott plus two others). Then he subs them in for the rest of the game and expects them to pull the team out! Tonight they got behind 0-15 at the end of the first quarter!! The other team was running a half court trap which created all sorts of problems for Elliott's team. Elliott finally had to just start firing up 3 pointers to try and salvage some dignity but they lost 24-55. And the coach then got on their case after the game! Elliott really busted it and played hard and took good shots. Their team just has no tall players and too many weak ones.

From there I went and played my Thursday night games. And I had my own set of problems. I played terribly! Could not hit a layup or outside shot all night. Everyone actually started just laughing at how ridiculous I was. Not so funny for me! I did manage to keep my guy from scoring and worked on just setting picks for the other guys. And I did do one running drive that must have looked great because it sure felt it! But that was just one good move for the night. We only had 9 out so I played all night. My back is still feeling great and the glucosamine has completely cured my knees. I can tell you I saw the worst ankle sprain since I tore my ankle ligaments 20 years ago. This one guy came down from a rebound and turned his ankle. Immediately a ping pong ball sized swelling appeared, and that grew to a tennis ball and then that grew to a grossly misshapen tomato! Horrible. He was in pain but called someone to tell them he was on his way home and off he went. OUCH

On Wednesday we took Elliott sledding at a friend's house. That was pretty fun. I wound up falling asleep on their couch. Elliott got soaked - it started to rain but he kept sledding. Lucie worked on church stuff all day.

Tomorrow is another scrapping day for Lucie. I will do some breakfast I suppose and find something to busy myself with. The sun has been out and the little bit of snow we got is melting. And the birds are really enjoying the feeder!

No comments: