Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Green" Pocket Warmer

First, it took me a few tries to find a presentable image (to the left) for this entry... I was walking the dogs the other day and it was very cold. Sure enough, about halfway around the walk, Britni the beagle has to stop and poop. Being the good neighbor that I am, I have little canister with a roll of poop bags attached to the leash. So I bagged up the pooped, tied it off, and put it in my pocket. Eureka - an all natural hand warmer! ha ha

Last night I started in on our taxes. For better or worse, it didn't take long this year. I use Turbo Tax so it is easy to import the information from the previous year. Then it is just a matter of updating the information. Unfortunately, that didn't take long... I am still waiting for a few more documents but I should be done with that pretty quick.

I battered up some chicken and dropped it in the fryer last night. Came out really good. And the bonus is the carnival smell in the house.

We got a litle snow last night followed by freezing rain. Just enough to cancel school. They had a new system that worked well - like a reverse 911. So at 5:45 this morning, both of the kids schools called the house and informed us that there was no school. It is supposed to warm up and rain all day so it shouldn't be any big deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now if it would only warm your feet after you step in it.