Friday, January 16, 2009

Rack Wreck

The image to the left is in no representative of the status of our closet. If you will recall, it was just back on July 14 ( http://sehale.blogspot.com/2008/07/and-racks-came-tumbling-down.html) that the clothes rack in our closet collapsed. Well, here we are again, a mere 6 months later, and Lucie has done it again. I was sitting downstairs watching Letterman and relaxing after my basketball night, when I heard the sound I thought I would never hear again. CRASH! I went up and sure enough, the rack in our closet collapsed again. I thought I had rebuilt the shelves to withstand anything but I didn't account for Lucie's wardrobe. All I could do was shake my head and go back downstairs. Now I have another project! Or rather, the same project again. I do have a plan to make it last this time - I am throwing out half of her clothes! Oy...

Elliott had his first game of the year tonight. They played the team they lost to in their first game of the season, 18-40. They did better tonight but lost again 30-42. Elliott hit 50% of his shots and had 9 points. They did well but the other team had a giant kid in the middle who pretty much scored at will. It seems every team in the league has a ringer like that. Except Elliott's.

The day started off rough for Lucie - she was rear ended driving Elliott to school. She started out into traffic, then stopped to double check, and the girl behind her didn't stop. Just bumped her spare tire on her back door but the girl's car had a little crease in the hood. Nothing to be worried about.

Going to be high temps in the teens tomorrow. I guess I should be glad that Lucie hangs her clothes inside the house...

No comments: