Friday, September 12, 2008

Backs and Nuts

Ashleigh got to play in her first varsity game on Wednesday. Her team won 4-1 so they are off to a great start.

On Thursday, I watched a few 9/11 specials on the History Channel. Man, that is still so powerful. While I was googling for a blog picture for yesterday's blog, I came across a conspiracy web page about the attacks on 9/11. Hard to believe there are knuckleheads out there willing to believe that wacky stuff. And then I saw some statistics that 54% of people questioned don't believe that Al Qaeda was behind the attacks! I saw a show the other day debunking every single aspect of the Kennedy assassination conspiracies. I guess some people just need something off the wall to believe in.

Somehow I managed to pull something in my lower back and it is killing me. I don't know whether to ice it or heat it. The internet gives different answers. Heat didn't seem to help much so I am icing it now. I played hoops last night (carefully) to try and stretch it out. It felt better until I sat out a game and it tightened up. I wasn't very mobile either and all of my shots were off or short. But 4 other guys from church have hurt their backs too and at least one of them has no idea, like me, what he did. Now I am starting to sound like a conspiracist...

No big plans for the weekend. The kids may be doing some stuff with their friends.

No comments: