Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bad Movie For Middle Aged Man

I thought I would add some culture to my life so tonight Lucie and I watched the Academy Award winning movie, "No Country for Old Men." Not only did it win the Best Movie Oscar in 2007, but it won 3 other awards for supporting actor, director, and screenplay. Basically, it was a very violent movie about a guy who stumbles upon the aftermath of a drug deal gone bad in the Texas desert. He finds and takes a satchel of money and a ruthless killer is after him. Tommy Lee Jones plays a small town cop who pursues both guys while pondering the state of the country in terms of the evil of mankind. Yawn. It was intriguing as we kept waiting for something to happen and the end to come so we could see how the whole mess gets resolved. But it never did! I won't ruin it but the ending is horrible. And this thing won Best Picture?! I was going to make a joke here about how if something that bad could win the popular vote, Obama might actually have a chance at the White House but I gotta believe there is some sanity left in the world...

I got a replacement hard drive and popped it in the kids' laptop but the computer wouldn't recognize it. Elliott and I had to run out to get our hair cut in the middle of me fiddling with it and I was going nuts trying to figure out why in the world the computer wouldn't recognize the new drive. So I closely inspected the new drive and the old one and found there was an adapter slid over the connection pins that I hadn't transferred. So I pulled it off the old one, popped it onto the new one, and I was in business. Ghosted the old data onto the new one, tweaked a couple of things, and we are back! I need to watch it for a while to be sure it was the drive that went bad but I have put it through some tough tests and it is holding up well so I think I got it (famous last words...).

Our local grocery store ended its' low price pizza program. That was the weekend staple in the Hale household. A big 18-inch, one topping pizza for $5! Elliott and I were just wondering how they could make money on them and sure enough, they stopped it. Actually, they modified it. Now they are selling the pizzas at a reduced price on Saturday, Sunday and Monday but for $6. Still a great deal.

The rain from Hannah has started here. Looks like Saturday will be an inside day. Ashleigh is having friends over to work on a school project. I suppose I will continue on my organization projects here in the house. Lucie has caught the bug too and has started cleaning up some of her stuff too.

No comments: