Thursday, September 4, 2008

Skimmer Surprise

There is quite often a surprise in the pool skimmers when I check them each morning. (I actually have the brilliant idea that the lids should be clear so you can see what lies beneath before lifting it off...). Anyway, today there was a dead ringneck snake in one skimmer. About 10 inches long. I put my advanced lifesaving skills to work and tried some CPR but it was too late...

The pool solar panel on the roof has developed a minor leak. Another friend of mine is going to stop by and go up and fix it. It happened once before and all it took was a spot of glue at a joint to seal it up. My knees get too wobbly up there for me to do it.

The Labor Day cookout at our friends' house was very nice. HUGE steaks and lots to eat. I teamed up with a guy there and we dominated Ladderball (that is a new game where you throw two balls joined with a rope at a ladder like thing and try to hook it on like a bolo). He and I were undefeated. Of course our competition included Lucie and his wife, and a bunch of kids all under 15...

The computer hard drive problem has stopped for some unknown reason. Well, it has stopped for about 40 hours now. It may pop up again so I won't be convinced it is gone for another week or so.

The kids are doing well at school and getting back into the swing of things although they are still struggling with going to bed earlier and getting up much earlier.

We have been watching the weather for our newly married friends. They are on a Caribbean cruise and there are about 3 active tropical storms/hurricanes active in the area where they are at. It doesn't seem to be affecting them directly although their stop at the Bahamas was canceled due to the weather. I bet the seas are pretty rough though. But hey, it is hurricane season after all...!

No comments: