Monday, September 22, 2008

Up On The Roof Top

If you look closely, you will see a friend of mine up on our roof fixing the leak in the solar pool water heating panel. He went up on our lower roof, then climbed to the top of this roof and walked across the top. He made his way down to the leak and sealed it. It was at a pipe seam so it should be OK. Scared me to death and I sure appreciate him doing that for me. I will let it dry for 24 hours without pumping water to the roof to heat (not that there is much heating going on now anyway), then pump some water up there to test it. Meanwhile, I dumped a few gallons of algacide and winterizer in the pool, along with about 100 pounds of salt, to start the shutdown process. I like for it to circulate for a day or two before I shut it down.

We had a pretty good weekend. Quiet day Saturday doing things around the house and running around. It was the annual church picnic Sunday. The weather was great again and we had a nice, relaxing afternoon.

The replacement LCD screen for the laptop is in so I am taking that over today to get swapped out. The brightness controls for the one they put in worked backwards. Could just be that the replacement screen is not a Dell screen and I will have to live with it but they were willing to swap it out to see what happens. The computers have been running well and I can confirm it was the hard drive that was bad on the laptop (no errors at all since I changed it). The internet service has held up pretty well since the problems of last week.

Ashleigh has a field hockey game this afternoon so we will go camp out there in our chairs and watch that. Yesterday she smelled smoke in the family room so I checked it out. We thought it was someone burning something outside but then realized a bug had gotten fried in the halogen lamp and everything was fine.

Elliott laid low this weekend and is feeling fine.

No comments: