Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Both The Pool And The Yankees Are Shut Down

Yesterday I did the depressing job of shutting down the pool for the winter. This was the earliest I have ever done it but it was time. Did the whole thing, bad back and all, all by myself in exactly three hours including putting away the pool toys and putting on the safety cover. I made a guide that I update every year with step by step instructions and pictures so I know what order to do things in and how things are supposed to look as I go along. Changing valves, blowing out lines, etc. Go to the Hale Family Web Page to see a picture of the closed pool (not very exciting).

My back is still killing me. Sciatica according to my Googlnosis (Google diagnosis). Nothing I can do but rest and do some stretching. It hurts worst when I am sitting or bending.

Lucie and I made it through Heroes last night. Entertaining but convoluted. Fringe was on again last night. That is a good show.

And of course the important news is that the Red Sox have made it to the playoffs and the Yankees did not. I hope Johnny Damon is happy with his move... On the other hand, Manny Ramirez and the Dodgers seem to be on their way to the playoffs out west.

The dang cable internet went out again last night. But I think I have figured it out. I have a booster to amplify the signal coming into the modem, but it does not boost the return signal. The return signal level is very close to the cutoff limit so I am thinking that when it crosses the threshold, the modem drops. Now the problem is finding a way to boost the return signal without compromising the inbound signal. That will give me something to think about today.

No comments: