Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Free And Not So Free

Well the job 'fair' was poor. I was one out of about a million people who was dressed in a suit. It was in a conference room at a local hotel and it was packed and hot. Only about 20 companies there and most were hiring sales people. The 2 or 3 companies that did look interesting just told me to look online for current openings. Then what the heck were they doing there? I took their web site information and left my resume with one company but it was a waste of time. No chance to speak with anyone in authority. Just sort of an informational presentation. I was very disappointed. Oh, and the layout of the booths wouldn't allow me to use my 'garter' method for resume distribution so I brought all but one of them home.

From there I went to the grocery store and just like last week, they overcharged me for my pizza that was on sale. So I went over to Customer Service and they gave it to me for free (their policy is that if their computer scanning is wrong, you get the item for free). When I got home to put it in the refrigerator, I was really amazed at how full the fridge was. I had to just smile and thank God for His continued provision.

And speaking of provision, last month was the first time in 10 months that my average weight went up. Only four tenths of a pound, but that is not going in the right direction. Gotta work on that... (but I am still down 30 pounds from my all time high).

Meanwhile, Lucie was out buying a few scrapbooking things (imagine that?!) and after she left the store, she realized she was not charged for at least one of the things she bought. Being the good Christian woman that she is, she turned around and brought the stuff back in and paid for it.

My back is slowly but surely doing better. Keeping the heating pad on it helps. Funny, I can still do my 30 minutes on the elliptical every day with no pain at all.

Last night was Ashleigh's open house at the high school. The Cambridge program she is in has her doing senior and college level work as a sophomore. If she takes all of the advanced classes and exams that she can over the next 2 years, it is possible that she will have enough college credits to allow her to start college as a junior. That is aggressive and best case but encouraging. Her teachers were good and it was an educational night.

Today Elliott goes back for another toe procedure. It doesn't bother him at all and each time we go, they do a permanent procedure so it doesn't happen again (different toes and different sides of the nail).

No comments: