Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spidery Saturday

As I do each morning, I went out in my slippers to dump the overnight catches from the pool skimmers while my coffee is being made. I still have not gotten around to making the clear skimmer covers that I want to. So I lift the cover off of the first skimmer, and a spider about the size of a silver dollar comes racing out. I was able to stomp on that one pretty quickly. I then took the basket out and dumped it over the fence (full of leaves and one frog happy to be on his way). I stuck my fingers in the skimmer lid to put it back on and felt something squishy like a grape. Sure enough, under the lid, there was a much bigger, fatter spider. I didn't even want to step on it but for the good of all mankind, I did. Put the lid back on and went to the other side skimmer. Two more silver dollar sized spiders under there! Sent them back to hell where they came from. Then as I was on my way out to grab the newspaper, a big spider had made a web across the walkway! Yikes. So I grabbed one of my strategically placed spider sticks and wound him up and pounded that one to death. I then was able to make my way out to the newspaper and back into the safety of the house. By the way, those are not my legs in the picture.

Rainy day yesterday. We wound up just hanging around watching TV last night and taking it easy. My back is still killing me so I am alternating heat and ice.

I am reading a book of short stories and was just telling Lucie how good this one story was. Then last night it abruptly ended with an 'ending' that made no sense. It was sort of like the author ran out of paper so she quickly slapped an ending on and finished. I literally turned the page to read on, and saw there was no more. Crazy. I feel like I wasted my time on that.

It is partly sunny today and humid from the rain. I am worried that my front yard has moved from dormant to dead. Usually in the fall, the dormant grass comes alive but it is looking terrible out there. I will just watch it and see what happens I suppose.

No comments: