Friday, September 5, 2008

I Have Dead Things

Naturally my limited optimism for the laptop was crushed this morning when I came downstairs and saw the Blue Screen of Death signaling the demise of the hard drive. Fortunately I had backed it up completely so it SHOULD just be a matter of slapping in a new drive, and restoring everything back to it.

I corresponded with a guy from the Delaware Museum of Natural History about my dead snake and he said they would like it to mount as a specimen. So I will go to the University and make a donation. That will be my contribution to the State of Delaware.

Lucie gave me a tip about working at the polls for the upcoming election (next week). So I called the county offices but I am too late for this election. I have an application to send in to work at the next one. Ashleigh may work it too.

We didn't have many people out last night to basketball but I had a very good night. Missed some shots early on, but came alive towards the end rolling off of screens and hitting outside jumpers. I even had a nice drive and finger roll that would have made Ken proud (he wasn't there so he has to take my word for it!). I did pretty well. That glucosamine is working well for me and Jasmine - both of us are a lot more mobile it seems (my knees don't hurt after basketball any more and she is hopping up onto the couch again).

There was one other interesting thing that happened at basketball. I get some emails forwarded to my cell phone and between games, I noticed a friend was struggling with a spelling issue. So as I was replying to that email, one of the other players noticed me typing (texting) on my cell. He said it was "cool to see an old guy texting." I told him I was pretty good at it but still having a bit of trouble texting while steering my wheelchair...

Ashleigh was selected as an alternate varsity field hockey player. That is pretty good. She has two uniforms - one for JV and one for varsity. Varsity plays first so she will suit up to play with them, and if not needed, will change and play JV.

Looks like a rainy day tomorrow as Hannah goes through. We can sure use the rain though.

No comments: